Monday, November 29, 2010

New Paintings

Since my last post was so information heavy I thought I'd give you guys some pictures this time :) I'm about halfway through a series of encaustic paintings based on weeds and seed pods and thought I'd share what I've done so far. I'm working on three different sizes of boards, 10 x 10, 8 x 8, and 6 x 6. Be warned that these aren't the best pictures because my camera sucks and I'll take better pictures of everything for my portfolio when I'm totally finished with this series (I want about 15-16 paintings). Enjoy and please give me some feedback!

Here are the larger 10 x 10 paintings


Here is a detail of the painting above

Here are the 8 x 8 paintings
The first two paintings include paper cut outs


Here are some details from the painting above


Here are the 6 x 6 paintings
Detail of the painting above


Peace!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are amazing! Can't wait to see the whole series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I really do like the images done with cut outs! (Images 4, 5, and 6, from the top.) They have a wonderful depth to them. Very well done! Thanks for posting these.

    No. 4 is especially nice, the flatter one with the white pods on what looks like gold leaf. I like how some of the same central "spines" extend through and connect adjacent pods. Ties it all together very nicely. Love 'em! I look forward to seeing more!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! I think they are some of my favorites you've ever done! You could totally sell them, they are so beautiful... Good job, miss artist! :-)

    ReplyDelete